Saturday, May 29, 2010

$100 Ideas

It may seem like I don't have any more ideas for how to acquire those elusive $100... 200 times. But I do!! Here are some of them:

I'm awaiting a $175 refund on a Calvert School Discoveries in Reading Kit that Cathy just had to have two years ago, but that went unread.

I am pursuing a $600 reimbursement from United Health Care for speech therapy services which, two years in, they decided were no longer covered. Yeah, I know. Good luck with that.

I have that Austrian coin to sell! I just have to find a coin dealer or some place on-line to post it. It would help if I could figure out how my digital camera works. I mean, I know how it works. I just can't figure out how to get the pictures into the computer.

When the price of silver goes up, I'm going right back to Tiffany so she can surprise me with whatever it is she decides to offer me then.

A few days ago I received a notification in the mail of a class action suit against United Health Care. (Couldn't happen to a nicer insurance company, let me tell you.) $50 reimbursement for every year that I was a member during a 16-year stretch. I was a member during all of them! Yay! Lucky me! So that'll be $800, eventually. Perhaps by the end of the year.

Then I've looked around the house for things to sell. Sometimes the price has actually gone up. Cathy is ready to part with Butterscotch, her FurReal Pony; the price has actually gone up for that. She's also done with her drum set. Those are both $300 items. Of course, the money for that will be hers. But it turns out that my $300 LEGO Statue of Liberty, that I bought for myself on Mother's Day shortly after we moved to Disney World in February of 2003 is now selling for $3,997.97 new on Amazon. (Wish I'd left it in the box!) So now I've listed it on Amazon. The link is above. Mine is the one trying to convince you to buy it for $1,499.99 even though it's missing two pieces. And the box. And the instructions are crumpled. But, hey, maybe some business out there wants one to stick in their window before the Fourth of July. And it's a bargain compared to the “new” price. You never know.

Somewhere in the garage I have 200 Susan B. Anthony dollars which I acquired over 20 years ago thinking that they'd be worth something someday. They're not.

Slowly but surely, I'll get there. I just have to keep telling myself that!

No comments:

Post a Comment