Monday, September 6, 2010

SEPTEMBER TALLY $18,457.51

I paid off my Amazon Visa in full. I paid off my primary-use card in full (again!). I wrote a check for $125 to my USAA card that's charging 0% interest. And I had $950 left over towards the other card on which I'm carrying a balance.

After all was said and done, I ended up with a new total of $18,457.51.

Let's take a moment here.

I have one sheet of paper on which I've been tracking monthly totals since January of 2009. That's one of the reasons I started this blog; that paper was so darned depressing.

In January of 2009, my total was in the $28K range. Following my tax refund, my total spent the rest of the year in the $26K range, but then bounced back up to the $28K range (annual Disney passes, no doubt) shortly before tax refund time in February of 2010.

Now admittedly my tax refund helped some, but I have actually knocked this debt down from around $28K to around $18K in seven months. THAT'S $10,000! Even since the start of the blog, while I have “found” only $2,900, I have knocked the total down around $6,000. Amazing what a little tight-fisted focus can do!

No comments:

Post a Comment